Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Migraines

Today was one of those days where you get to about noon and think, "okay, I should've stayed in bed this morning." Yep, first day of standardized testing was nuts. I tell ya, giving the test wasn't the hard part. I didn't even have any kids bust out crying, which was a good thing. I was thankful when it was over. (tomorrow is gonna hurt though, four sections, I don't know that my kids will make it to lunch!) The stressful part started when my less-than-competant-neighbor stopped in at 8:05 and said, "okay, what do I do today?" Yeah, my headache began at the moment. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending upon how you look at it, I looked at her and said, "you should've figured that out weeks ago!" She left to find one of our aides, I was relieved. I have hit the limit with this neighbor, she needs to find another job. Anywho, test time comes and goes less stressful than I expected, and the headache was subsiding. Well, then lunch came.

My principal walked in to the teacher's lounge looking for me. This is not usually a bad thing. We get along very well, actually, and I have felt fortunate to have him in our building this year. Well, he sits down with 3 of us special educators and tells us how we're to start giving the test starting tomorrow. Now, what he told us isn't technically illigal stuff, but it's borderline stuff. My migraine was born! He even said "well, the testing police won't show up anyway." Now, I understand, his job is on the line, and but i'm not comfortable with what he's asking me to do. I have done my best all year to teach, and I'm not going to remotely cross any lines. I gotta admit, I am disappointed. I thought he was more on the up and up than that. It's one of those things that goes down in the "This is a made for TV movie" book. Herumph!
I'm glad summer is around the corner!

No comments: