Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Unusual Outpouring of the Spirit

I got a text this afternoon from Papa Bear, the man who God has put in charge of the Shuttle Ministry at IHOP-KC. He asked if I could drive ANYTIME today for the "Unusual Outpouring of the Holy Spirit" that is taking place at IHOP-KC. I found that interesting since I had already planned to go to the Prayer Room tonight. I said sure, but I wanted off early enough that I could go in an soak in the service.

So, I got there at 6:45-ish and took over for a driver. I started driving, and was AMAZED at what was happening. Almost all of the parking spots were full in the various lots (something I had never seen there) and we were BUSY. I mean, people were lined up to ride the shuttle to FSM. (I should mention here that we don't typically have services on Thursday evenings) I had full shuttles to get over there. The main Prayer Room was closed and the 24/7 was moved to FSM. It was incredible to see people getting on and off the shuttles after being touched in the service. I heard "I just got hammered" three separate times! It was cool.

After my shift, I went into the service for about 30 minutes. And, I will say that I've been in a lot of services over the years, but tonight was unlike anything I had ever been in. It was something I will never forget. I would have stayed later, but I came home so I could get my homework done. (It's done now, don't worry!)

I am interested to see what God has in store for us as an IHOP family this weekend. It's clear He's up to something.

And I'm SO EXCITED that I'm here for a time such as this! Sweet!

Life.
Is.
Lovely.

1 comment:

Pat said...

We are watching and listening from California (Sacramento).....after 10 years of night and day prayer and worship, how wonderful to feel His presence so profoundly!
Pat
Rock of Roseville
Roseville, CA