Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shuttle Highlights!

Today was a lot of fun. I started the day at FCF. (Church) It was REALLY fun. Jon Thurlow led worship, and I was once again gripped by the chorus of "my soul longs for you lord in a dry and weary land." You have to hear it to get it, but it was GREAT! Then Lou Engle preached. Love. Lou. I was pondering the depth of his sermon tonight as I drove the shuttle, and I never really thought there could be a challenge made in the midst of hearing the birth of Jesus story, but there was one. I. LOVED. IT!

After church, I bought the two new Misty CD's. I've only listened to one, but it is REALLY cool.

Then tonight I went and drove the shuttle.

The first highlight of the night came when my first group got on and I had Misty's CD going and they said, "Hey, turn it to #5 and turn it up!" It's been a while since I've had a "singing" shuttle, so it was REALLY FUN!

Throughout the night, I met some incredible people. One of the guys asked me out, so that was a cool deal.

Another highlight came when Karen called. I sat in the shuttle after I was done and we talked for a LONG time. It was GREAT.

Of course, all these things were AWESOME, but the biggest highlight was when I went into the Prayer Room to soak.

Matt Gilman and team came out, and they sang Luke 1 and 2. At one point I thought, "This is it, this is what Heaven sounds like!" It did! It sounded JUST LIKE what I have always imagined Heaven's sounds would be. It was AMAZING. And, of course, the HIGHLIGHT of my day!

Life.
Is.
Peaceful.
With Matt singing the scriptures!!!

No comments: