Friday, November 09, 2007

Snippits

So, tonight I have a headache and should probably be on the couch, but I don't want to get to the couch too early because I will fall asleep. I know, you're thinking, that's a good thing...well, yes, but if I'm asleep now, then I'll be awake at 5am, and I want to sleep a bit later than that...so, I decided to blog snippits of my week. It was a weird one...

On Tuesday I played detective and found out that my new kid isn't really mine, she's our EMR teacher's, so I got to hand her off. She was a sweet kid, but clearly doesn't fit in with my class, so I was glad there was a class that was better suited for her needs.

Wednesday was hectic, but not bad at school. Wednesday night I figured out how much my Homegroup really is about to change. I'm okay with that, it just sort of really sunk in this week. My homegroup leaders are taking a break from responsibilities, so things are going to shift. On one hand, that's cool, as I have come to realize that there are times when God shifts a season to move you to a place that's even better than where you were. And I'm okay with that. On the other hand, it's hard because some of the ladies in the group are REALLY fighting the change. Not fighting, just not wanting change, if that makes sense.

As for me, I'm praying because there's another group I had been going to that I really enjoyed, but I don't want to leave my homegroup high and dry, so I'm still praying. So far, I have simply learned that change isn't bad, we just fight it because it's hard sometimes. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out...

Thursday and today were okay. I had gotten a bit dhydrated, so I have been working my way back to health the past couple days. As I said in a previous post, I'm a wimp, so I'm ready for all this to be over.

Finally, I will share one last observation I made this week. Typically I am in a really good mood. I mean, to the point, I annoyed someone this week due to my chipper attitude. :-) Leave it to me to make someone frustrated because I'm positive. And in that moment, I discovered something PRICELESS. People are watching whether we want them to or not. And, they're not just watching for actions, they're watching for REACTIONS. That makes me want to be the best person (real and transparent) that I can be...

No comments: