Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Creek Float!!!

On Day #3 last week, my cabin had the privilege of going on a Creek Float!

"Hey G1, what did we do on Day #3? We went on a creek float!" *grin*

I had never experienced a creek float out at camp, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew that I needed to be in denial of what was in the creek water, but other than that, I had no idea what would happen!

We each had our own tube to ride on down the creek. At first it was easy, and relaxing. Pretty soon after we started, we found out that the creek water wasn't very deep throughout our ride! That's right, our butts hit rocks from the very beginning! We learned very quickly how to move our butts in order to make it through the rough parts. It was exciting, that's for sure!

I started out doing my own thing, and noticed that Torrey was stuck. So, I moved over to help Torrey. Since my balance is off, there were others that got out to help, while I stayed in my tube and helped. Once we got Torrey going again, I just held on to her tube. I felt like I was supposed to help her.

So, we continued down the creek, my arm on her tube, keeping her close-by and signing as much as I could to warn her of upcoming trouble. Occasionally she would hold my hand, and other times she would squeeze onto me because she was scared. It was priceless to me.

I found myself changing throughout the ride. Initially, I just thought, "Oh, I'll help Torrey get out of the place where she's stuck." Then I discovered that she needed me throughout the ride. I would purposely turn us during the ride so that I would hit tree limbs or rocks or whatever was in our way. I was willing to do anything to keep Torrey safe. Since I have never had a child of my own, I had never experienced that feeling to that extent before. There were moments on the ride where I was literally praying out loud for safety. In those moments, Torrey would be squeezing my arm in fear. It was quite a ride! In the end, we were both safe without any major cuts or bruises!

That ride taught me a lot about love. I was willing to do ANYTHING to keep Torrey safe. It made me think about the Lord and how He loves us so much more than that. I find that amazing because when Torrey and I were on that float ride, I felt love toward another human like I had never felt before. It was intense, amazing, and special. Kinda like the Lord too! *grin*

Two days later I heard there were various spiders in the creek right where we had been. Hum...I'm glad we went when we did.

The Creek Float was something I will never forget. For in that ride, I learned more about love than ever before....

Cool.

Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: