Thursday, November 04, 2010

LIfting My Eyes Up!

I find it amazing how God ALWAYS orchestrates things in such a way that we ALWAYS know that it is Him at work. Tonight on the way to my Sign Language Class, I listened to another podcast that featured a sermon by Louie Giglio. If you've been a reader of the blog for any length of time, you know that podcasting is somewhat new to me. I have heard the term for years, but it wasn't until this past May when my brother gave me an ipod that I got to experience a podcast firsthand. And, now I listen to at least one sermon a week.

Some of you are thinking, "Really, you're in the midst of IHOP-KC, and yet you're listening to Louie Giglio's stuff from Atlanta?" Yep, you betcha!!! IHOP-KC is incredible, but I will admit, I am not encouraged in the Lord like I am when Louie preaches. He preaches right where I'm at, every time.

Tonight's sermon talked about lifting my eyes above, regardless of what is happening in my life here on Earth. He talked out of the Psalms and reminded me that while circumstances here on Earth may not change over night, standing firm in the Lord and keeping my eyes up above instead of on the situations here on Earth is what I'm called to do today...tonight. While it's not earth-changing, it spoke to me right where I'm at with the Lord tonight.

I am in awe of God tonight because of that. He knew I would need that sermon right now, in the season I am in right now.

LOVE. IT.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: