Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fans

Yesterday I went and watched a few of the students from my school play basketball. I try and go whenever I can to watch the basketball games. Yesterday I was blessed because there were three kids from my school playing in the same game. Not all of them are in my program, but that doesn't matter to me. I always like to support ALL of the kids whenever I can.

One of them in particular, OHK, is one that I support whenever I can, as he holds a special place in my heart. I have gone to several basketball games this season to encourage him. In fact, a few weeks ago when I went, he scored a basket! It was GREAT!

After watching the kids play ball yesterday I came home and hung out with the furry kid. We watched KU lose, and poor Jay didn't know what was up with me! *grin* Later in the afternoon I got a message from OHK's Mom stating that OHK said that "Ms. Springer is my biggest fan."

That made me *grin* ear-to-ear!!!

Today as I drove shuttles I pondered that.

So much of teaching is simply putting my best foot forward and praying that it sticks. Most of the time that emphasis is on the academics, but every once in a while it's to build a student's self esteem or encourage them in things not related to school. I enjoy that.

So yesterday when I got the message, it sent me a message.

The kid knows he has someone outside of his family rooting for him, cheering him on. The coolest part is that this is only the beginning of the great things he'll do in life! And I plan to cheer him on for as long as I'm invited!!! *grin*

Everyone needs a fan, or two, or three. For OHK, I'm one that will be on the sidelines for YEARS to come!

*grin*
Life.
Is.
GREAT!

No comments: