Wednesday, June 08, 2011

WORLDS OF FUN...AGAIN!

One of my favorite parts about moving here is that there is a lot more to do! Of course, that means that I am about 45 minutes from Worlds of Fun, the local Amusement Park. For the second summer in a row, I bought a season pass. Seems a little odd in a way, a single gal buying a pass, but it seems to be worth every penny this summer. Last week I went with my Dad and had a terrific time! Yesterday I went with Drummerboy and his family, and had a GREAT time too!

Drummerboy is 12, and his sisters are around (Please forgive me girls, I can never keep you both straight!) 9 & 10 years old. I honestly expected the girls to NOT want to do the big roller coasters. My initial idea in taking them was for them to experience Planet Snoopy, the newest part of the park. Boy was I wrong about that!

We entered the park and EVERYONE wanted to ride The Patriot! On the way to The Patriot, Shi and I rode the new Carousel. (We were the only ones on the ride!) I figured a lot of the day would be on rides like the Carousel. I was WRONG!

We rode The Patriot twice, The Mamba three times, and The Prowler (a wooden coaster, my first time on it yesterday because I don't typically do wooden coasters) twice! The girls did it all too! It was GREAT! Along the way we also did The Fury of the Nile twice, a few of the Planet Snoopy rides, La Taxitour, and the kids did the bumper cars (I wanted to just sit for a few minutes).

The most unexpected thing I liked was THE PROWLER. It was wooden, and I even told the kids, "This won't go as fast as the Mamba." Well, it may not be as fast, but it was a lot of fun! I typically avoid wooden ones because my back and neck normally hurt afterward. On The Prowler, they padded it enough that I haven't been in pain at all! It was so much fun!

The most fun part though was just sharing the experience with the kids. For example, I haven't run in YEARS, but we would run ahead of people to get in front of the line. *grin* I also hate the climb up the first hill on the Mamba, so we sang "Jesus Loves Me" on the way up. I'll never forget our first ride on The Prowler, and the two kids behind me (I think it was Drummerboy and Singinggirl) were screaming so much I started laughing. It wasn't just laughing, it was that silent laugh where nothing comes out at all. I haven't done the silent laugh in YEARS. I laughed the second time too, but it was because SingingGirl was going Oh-oh-oh with inflection in voice that matched each hill. Clearly you had to be there, but it was a day full of memories that I will never forget. In fact, I remember us getting off The Prowler, and Drummerboy said, "Now that was insane!" I just laughed.

Yep, another world of fun at Worlds of Fun. I can't wait for my next trip! Not sure if it will be with Formerstudentfamily or Dinosaurkid, but either way, it's gonna be FUN! *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: