Monday, January 16, 2012

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL by Todd Burpo

I should be in bed, ready to sleep. After all, I have students to teach in the morning. But, I'm not. I just finished a book that I wanted to share with everyone. I stumbled upon it while TEXASLADY was here in December, and waited to buy it until a week ago. I knew there would be bits & pieces that would touch my heart, but I had NO IDEA how much of it would grip me. I started it last night after I finished THE DEATH CURE, and was up quite late reading. (It helped that today we didn't have school!) I read the book off & on today, and have just pondered it over and over again. I'll be honest, I could have had it finished in no time this morning, but it gripped me in ways I would stop and ponder the experiences of a three-year-old in Heaven.

That's right, in case you haven't heard of this book, Colton Burpo experienced Heaven at the age of three and has shared his story (over time) with his parents and thankfully his parents have shared it with the world. It doesn't surprise me that God would choose a child so young to speak through, and to encourage those of us this side of Heaven.

I would recommend this book for EVERYONE. It is one that I imagine I will read periodically in the future. Not because I have to, I have a strong faith and believe in Heaven. I'll read it because there's encouragement in there that is one-of-a-kind. *grin*

So go ahead, read it, don't read it, doesn't matter to me. But, I will say, if you don't read it, it's your loss.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING...in ways you can't even see! *grin*

No comments: