Saturday, November 03, 2012

Three Posts in One--Gratitude #1, #2, & #3

So on FB there's a challenge this month to do a gratitude status each day during November. I have to admit, I wasn't going to do it, as I don't like to just do what everyone else is doing. However, as I started reading the gratitude posts, it made me want to do it. As I pondered it today, I challenged myself to do a Gratitude POST per day, not a status. I would like to think that this will continue into December, but we will wait and see. This is the first time I've tried this, so it's kind of an experiment of sorts for me. For me to post daily on here hasn't happened in years. God will guide this, now that I really think about it, so we'll just have fun with it and see where it goes. *grin*

Gratitude #1
I'm thankful that on Feb. 7, 1997 I met God. For without that day, and each day with Him since, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Sure, God loves his children, and can reach us however and whenever He chooses, but I do know that that day changed my life forever. Not a day goes by that I don't talk to Him, or take Him for granted. *grin*
I'm loved unconditionally, which is not found everywhere, but in Him I am loved perfectly. *grin*

Gratitude #2
I'm thankful for Jay. Sure, the PEOPLE in my life will come in future posts, but Jay has been the BIGGEST blessing ever given to me in my adult life. He also amazes me daily. Everyday from the moment I wake up to the moment we crash, he loves me. Unconditionally. Period. And, he makes me laugh. On a daily basis, he'll do something that makes me laugh out loud. I talk to him all the time like he can talk back like a human, and while he doesn't actually talk, he does communicate. We cuddle and play daily. Every day when I come home from school, we're happy to see each other. A lot of humans could learn from this little furry kid. As for me, a family gave him to me for free. To me, that was the biggest blessing I could have received. *grin*

Gratitude #3
Jeff. On November 3 (today) we celebrate my brother Jeff's birthday! I can't imagine my life without my brother in it. While we don't see each other much, or talk much (Text or twitter is the bulk of our communication. *grin*) we do support each other well. I've had moments since my move that I simply needed someone to bounce stuff off of, and Jeff has been my hero. Not only that, we share a love of books that makes holidays fun! Each Christmas we typically swap books as gifts, and the ones he picks for me are ALWAYS good. His pick for me was the HUNGER GAMES series. *grin* He's amazing, and I'm blessed to be able to call him my brother. *grin*

So, each day after today I'll have one post. That's my challenge to myself. I guess all my loyal readers can hold me accountable to that. *giggle*

I write this on the night we get an hour of extra sleep!! I guess I'll suffer through the extra hour of sleep. My loyal readers know that I love sleep. Seriously. *giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.




No comments: