Friday, November 17, 2017

Wonder--The Movie

In 2012 I picked up a book and didn't have any idea how much it would come to bless me and teach me about life this side of Heaven. I know, you would think it would be the Bible, right? Well, yeah, the Bible is one of my faves too, but Wonder was the first book I truly could connect with on so many different levels.

If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend you stop reading this blog and pick up the book. Yes, it means that much to me.

If you have read it, you know it's about Auggie, a boy with a Craniofacial syndrome. Meaning, his face looks different from what is considered "normal" today. I could relate to the kid in so many ways.

I was bullied because of the way I walk. Yes, kids thought that my limp meant I was stupid. Kids can be cruel. I teared up more than once as I read the book.

I could relate to being stared at and hearing various people say, "What's wrong with her leg?" to the people they were around. It sometimes hurts my feelings, if I'm going to be transparent here. At the same time, if it's a kid, I get it. Kids aren't being mean to me, they're curious. You'd be amazed at how many people say, "I'll explain later."

In the few years since the book was released, I have had a theory that I've thought about a lot. I think everyone has a "limp" or a facial difference, or something. The only difference between all of us is that not everyone can see each person's "limp". Some people are addicted to drugs, alcohol, are abusive, and/or fight depression. I could list more, but those are the biggies to me. *grin*

In the midst of that, KINDNESS is what we need. In the book, Kindness is the lesson throughout the story.

I sit here and think often about how everyone is fighting a battle that we don't even know about. Or maybe we do know it. Either way, we need to be KIND to one another. Life is hard enough as it is, we need to support and love each other like today is our last day.

Tomorrow I get to see the movie on the big screen. I'm excited like I'm a little kid at Christmas.

Out of all the books I've read in my lifetime (and that's a lot of books) this one has touched me beyond words that I can explain to you. I can't wait to see the book on the big screen.

I know, the book will be better. The book is ALWAYS better to me.

However, I'm pumped to experience it again for a "first" time. *grin*

I'll let you know how I like it, but, I won't ruin it for you. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: