Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No More Secrets...

I was sitting in class today juggling end-of-the-year testing and behavior management when my second Mom came in with my birthday gift from her. She gave me a SWEET CARD and a Large bag of M&M's, followed by a "Happy Birthday" Song. :-) It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! After they left, I gave out M&M's to the kids, and we shared in the fun!

A little while later, D.D. turned to me and said, "Are you going to be here next year?" and my heart stopped. I had told God first thing this morning that if He wanted me to tell, He needed to open the door. So when D.D. asked, I knew it was God.

I took a deep breath and told the group. D.D. teared up and cried, and I held him, but he did MUCH better than I expected. I was pleased. I thought we were good.

Then Pixarkid walked in and his aide looked at me and I told him I had told the kids. So, I proceeded to tell Pixarkid (who is autistic) the whole story again, and he looked at me and the bag of M&M's when I was done and said, "I like M&M's, can I have some?"

Well, so much for worrying about the tears, the kids are going to be FINE!

:-)
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: