Sunday, May 21, 2006

Birthdays

So, I suppose that since I'm an adult this whole birthday thing shouldn't be a big deal. I mean, I live in the world of children in a school where Birthdays are a big deal. For some of these kids, it's a highlight of their year. (Sad, huh?) So, here I sit, the eve on my 33rd birthday, and I'm feeling rather philosophical. I guess few people get the exact life they imagined as a kid. Honestly, I figured by now I'd have a husband, and probably a couple kiddos. Well, I don't. And, well, that's okay. I mean, I am a blessed gal who is surrounded daily by friends and family who love me more than most people are loved, I think. And, in teaching, kids love ya unconditionally, so I am a blessed gal. I am loved very well.

I still pray for what I dreamed for as a kid though.
Don't we all?

No comments: