Wednesday, June 21, 2006

z-boy and other tidbits

Greetings from Missouri-land! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Today's had highs and lows for me. In the world of teaching, today was a good day. Z-boy is making some progress. We're not talking leaps and bounds, but today I didn't restrain him once, which is a GREAT day in my book. And, at the end of the day, he kissed me on the cheek! I feel so loved! He was laughing and joking with me at the end of the day. :-) My para, on the other hand, wasn't as loved, but we have different teaching styles, so I figured it was good for her to see a joyful kiddo with a pleasant teacher. Perspectives, I tell ya, a proper perspective, can change things EVERY time! My goal for today was to get him to laugh, and we did it, and there weren't any wrestling matches, YIPPEE SKIPPEE!

In other news, I shelled out big bucks to get my computer fixed...are ya ready for this? It still doesn't work! I feel ripped, shafted, robbed...I am making a phone call tomorrow. :-) Repair-dude will make things right, I guarantee it!

Our shower is out of order, and we're relying on my neighbors (who are also my landowners) for shower usage. I tell ya, LI live in a nice house, but these people have a REALLY nice house...it has made me start dreaming of what I want my dream home to be one day. Now granted, I'm a teacher, so it's not going to be as fancy-schmancy as their house, but it was really cool to see it this morning. I am dreaming....I love it!

I am debating about getting some sort of television system. We have the 4 basic channels, but I am feeling like I want more...hum...very odd. I am content with my four channels, but I have missed my other channels too. Odd, isn't it? I mean, there was a day when I was busy every night of the week. Now I'm thrilled for a night on the couch. :-) I'm old now, huh? Go figure...

Well, I guess that's all for my ramblings today. Have a great day! TAKE CARE OF YOU!

No comments: