Sunday, June 18, 2006

Z-Boy

So, it's been two weeks since I've posted, but let me tell ya, there's a reason for that. This Summer School gig is wearing me out. You're thinking, "why? It's just kids". Well, this is true, however, I have one boy who is character-building in his own way. Z-Boy is 5 and is a violent kid when he doesn't get his way. Apparently he has had no discipline at home and it's eviident at school. Well, okay, that's my opinion. On average I restrain this kid 3 times a day. It's been a couple years since I've had to use my CPI Restraint techniques, but let me tell ya, I'm glad I know what to do. This kid has spit, kicked, attempted to bite, and hit me so far and we have 10 days left. Apparently this kid broke his teacher's foot last year at pre-school because he got mad when he didn't get his way. Well, needless to say, that hasn't scared me off. I still restrain him when I absolutely have to do so, because he'll hurt others, himself, or me if I don't. I tell ya, I couldn't do this during the regular school year. I have had him 10 days and I have felt worn out. Just 10 short days left....I can do it!

In other news, my computer is in the shop, finally. I will be excited to get it back this week in working order. I am currently using my roommates computer, and am looking forward to having mine back. :-)

So, I guess that's about it for now. Have a terrific day!

No comments: