Friday, June 29, 2007

Last Day of School!

So today was the last day of School for the Summer. Usually I dread today, as I typically wind up bored by about the third day of break. However, today felt different. Really different. I think I just need a break from the classroom. I will miss the kids incredibly, and will be ready August 15th when we start back up (yep, I looked it up tonight to count how many full weeks I get of vacation this Summer!) but I think getting caught up on sleep and relaxing a bit will be very very good for me. Ask me again in three days though, my opinion may change, we will see...

So, for the next week I get a real break. I have stuff to do everyday, but nothing big. I'm glad. That's my ideal, stuff to do, but not stuff that takes all day. I like that. The following week I've got a class that I've been looking forward to for about 3 years, so that will be cool. After that I'm hopefully taking a bit of a roadtrip, we'll see if that pans out. I hope so. I need some perspective on a few things, so getting away would be good. Then, I get to go be at camp for a week. I get to go volunteer at a camp about an hour from here, and honestly I'm pumped. I've never done anything like this before, so that will be a cool thing. Then, I'm back at work. I've got committee stuff right after that, so my Summer is over as of July 29th. That's fine. One month. Perfect. Not too long, not too short. hehehe I like it!
I watched the movie, "Shawshank Redemption" tonight. It's one of my favorites! In it, they talk about "get busy living, or get busy dying." Obviously, I want to get busy living! I feel as if I'm in a place right now where I need some change. I don't know what that looks like or means, but I feel a change coming. Typically I run the opposite direction from change, but this time I'm not. It excites me!

It seems weird to say my Summer is just beginning, but it is...

Awesome!

1 comment:

Ms. H said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm. A road trip? To where?? Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder....

Seriously, though -- you need to come down here. Yours truly is already AT the "Bored Stage"!!

:0)