Saturday, July 21, 2007

Barnabas Bound!

Greetings!

It's hard to believe that it's the 21st of July already! This Summer Break is going by faster than I thought it would. I suppose that's a good thing. I'm not one for too much alone time, so I'm glad it's going by fast.

The past few days certainly flew by very quickly, and today I am going to spend the day getting ready to go to Camp! That's right, I'm spending the next week out at Camp Barnabas (yes, the one that was on Extreme Makeover, I have been asked that a lot since I've been telling everyone about my upcoming camp experience.) as a Cabin Mom.

This is something I've always wanted to do, but never have. I didn't know anyone out there, so I have always talked myself out of it. Well, this past year I met the volunteer coordinator out there, Laura, and after much time in prayer and talking to Laura, I'm headed out there for a week!

Am I nervous? Yep.

But I'm also excited. I get to go work with children with Autism. Autistic kids have sort of become favorites of mine at school because they're so unique and different. I think it's cool that it worked out that I get to do Autism week, as I didn't pick my week based on who would be there, but on what ONE week I didn't have workshops. (It wound up that I will be missing a two-day training session afterall, but I am approved to be gone since I will be at Barnabas. Go figure, the one week I chose that had nothing scheduled, and then in mid-June they added it.)

So I need to go get stuff packed up and make sure I didn't forget anything. I figure I'd rather find out today than tomorrow.

So, have a great week!

Later!

No comments: