Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Feelin' odd...

You ever have one of those weeks were you just feel a bit odd? Out of sorts perhaps? I don't know, all day today I have felt "off". Nothing is wrong, per se, I have just felt like I'm homesick only I'm at home, so that's not it. I just feel weird.

TLA ended last night. I hate to have fun stuff like that come to an end. I can honestly say that in my 8 years of teaching, TLA was the most valuable and enjoyable training session I have ever been in. Nothing was boring. It was all new and exciting. And I met some really cool people. It was good.

And then today I was in a workshop that was one of the worst I've ever been in. I really wondered if that was the case, or if TLA was so good that I now want all workshops to be that fun. It was a rough session because the presenter didn't like the topic she was teaching and clearly didn't want to be there. It was the opposite of TLA. You could tell in TLA that those people enjoy their jobs. It was strange.

I feel like right now I'm in an odd season. I've started looking at each day in 24 hours incremeents. I tend to do that during the Summer. The days are long, and I actually miss my students. (Not the lesson planning or grading papers, just the kids!) I thought about today. I spent 4.5 hours in a workshop that was a waste of my time. (not an overaggeration. if you'd been there, you'd agree!) I want each day to count. To mean something.

I often find myself looking FORWARD to things instead of enjoying the "NOW" of the day, week, or month. I'm working on trying to enjoy the moment. Each and every moment.

I know, you're thinking, not possible...this is the real world.

Well, even if it's not possible in reality, I think breaking it down into 24 hours increments is easier.

And even though not everyday may be filled with "Wildfire" rides or TLA class, it still counts.

For that moment on that day...it counts.

Now if I can stay in the NOW, that would help.

I'll keep ya posted.

Later!

No comments: