Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Day of Rest!

Greetings!

So today, I did very little. I had forgotten how tiring my workweek tends to be until I take a day and rest up! The day began at 9:25-ish a.m.! I tell ya, it's rare for me to sleep past 8am, but I was really wiped last night and needed the rest. It felt good to sleep in.

I got up and thought, "you know, I could get a lot of stuff done today." But then I realized how I wanted a day to rest up. I still have a cough and am not 100% better, so I knew a day of rest wouldn't hurt me.

And I'm glad I did it. I will admit, I did go out and get stuff for my Sunday School Lesson tomorrow, but other than that, I've been on the couch all day. I have watched 5 episodes of House, M.D. (love that show!) and cuddled with Sophie, the dog. I really enjoyed it.

It has made me realize how busy I really am this year. I do teach all day, but then I have so many after school responsibilities that I am beginning to see how hectic this year is going to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's all good stuff to be a part of, and I get paid for most of it. Today really taught me that I'm going to have to rest when I can to stay healthy for everything I'm involved in.

Couch time is a good thing.

Gotta run for now.

Later!

No comments: