Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kindness

What's your favorite word in the whole English language? Come on, think about, there is a word you use a lot or just think is cool...

Okay, so you can tell I teach little people, where the world of kids and vocabulary is a part of my daily life. I actually enjoy teaching vocabulary words. I like it when kids get a grasp on a word they have heard before but didn't know what it means, or they know the meaning, but can't think of the word to go with it. Well, we even do that as adults!

So, I have pondered this a great deal, and KINDNESS is my favorite word.

Some people extend kindness, and it's just part of their life. They don't think about it, they just do it. I am blessed to be surrounded by many at church who extend kindness and they don't even know they're doing it.

I know, it's my favorite word, so I'm always on the lookout for people extending kindness to others.

And it's become almost like a research project for me. Whether it's kids being KIND to kids, or adults being kind to adults, or kids being kind to adults, I notice.

I don't ever want to take it for granted when someone extends kindness to me either. It's not a rarity for me to have someone extend kindness to me, but I do feel enormously blessed when someone extends kindness into my little corner of the world. And, it doesn't even have to be anything huge. Even the smallest token of kindness in my world is noticed...

And I aim to extend kindness to those around me as well. I would like to think it is ALWAYS an automatic thing, but it's not. Most of the time it is, but sometimes I catch myself thinking I missed an opportunity that was right in front of my eyes.

I also find it interesting when people can't receive KINDNESS. I think it's weird. I've actually had people upset with me in my attempt to extend kindness to them. What's up with that?

I mean, KINDNESS is a good thing.

As you can tell, I'm still pondering...

So, let me ask you, how have you extended KINDNESS to someone around you today?

Even the smallest thing can impact someone and you may never know it.

Well, I have homework to do.

Have a great day, whatever you may be doing...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: