Saturday, October 13, 2007

Deep down inside...

...I believe in God. My favorite place to be on this planet is IHOP-KC, where I can sit, listen, pray, and sing.

...There's more to me than meets the eye. At first glance I may walk a little funny, but I am just like you. Only difference is, I can't run as fast as you can.

...I love to have deep chats with people. I believe there's more to those around me, I just have to look for it sometimes.

...I hate to be yelled at. I'm a tough kind of person in some respects, but yelling at me tears me down. I'm a child of God, and don't deserve to be treated poorly.

...I love to sing. I may not have a voice that could carry a solo, but music is a big part of my life. It makes me smile.

...I love it when someone says, "How was your day?" and means it. Noone deserves to be alone in this world.

...I love to give to those in need. Whether it's money, a handshake, a hug, or a smile, I love to help those around me.

...I love to see others be kind to one another. I hope I'm teaching my students how to do this too.

...I love my family. While I'm still waiting on God to bring me my own family, I am blessed to be a part of the family that I am. Everyone should have what I have had.

...I am an athlete. Obviously not a professional, but deep within me, I love sports. Swimming is my current favorite, and I try to swim regularly.

...I love my friends. I don't take one friend for granted. The past few years have taught me a great deal about friendship and I care about my friends as if they were my own family.

...I love my job. I wake up everyday and look forward to the day. Granted, some days I wish school started at 9am, but I love my job.

...I love my students. One of my students pointed out to me recently that my classroom is a family. Leave it to a kid to tell me what I need to hear.

...I hate Cancer. I've watched many people I love walk through their own little version of Hell. I pray for a cure everyday.

...I love to watch movies. My favorite ones are romantic comedy, sappy "you can do anything" flicks, and movies with kids in them.

...I love to read. My favorite books are Children's Chapter Books. I'm currently trying to read all the Mark Twain Award Nominees. Yeah, you could say I like kids!

...I believe in love. While I am still waiting for Mr. Right, I believe that love is real and worth waiting for the person God has for me.

...I hate violence. I limit myself to how much news I watch, as it depresses me most of the time.

...I believe in the power of prayer. I've prayed for people and had my exact prayers be answered. I believe He hears my prayers daily.

...I believe you don't have be rich to be wealthy. I'm a school teacher, I will never be rich in finances, but I am loved very well. That's worth more than all the money in the world.

...I love it when I connect with a kid. I live for moments where a kid really realizes there's someone who gives a flip about them. It takes a while, but it's worth it.

...I wish I could fix my student's home situations. If only they had what I had...

...I believe maturity is a life-long process. While I still have a great deal to learn, I am glad I can look back on my life so far and learn from it.

...I believe that the people that challenge me personally are brought by God to teach me something. I just pray I learn quickly and not slowly.

...I love dogs. Rudy is the coolest dog on the planet, but don't let Sophie know!

...I pray for someone to be a witness to my life. Sometimes being single is the hardest thing I do, and I long for someone to walk beside me daily.

...I love Camp! I went to camp for the first time this Summer. God showed me so much this summer I can't wait to go back next Summer!

...I love OneThing. My favorite week out of the year is December 28-31 when I go to a conference in KC. At the conference, I am reminded that I'm not alone in my journey with God.

...I believe that "Running is Winning." Everyone has a limp, it just may not be as obvious as mine. And, in that, I believe that God smiles down on each one of us as we're "Running the race set before us." We may mess up and fall from time to time, but God is watching, and cheering us on every step of the way!

...I love to laugh! Everyday I find something to be laugh about! Life is too short to be serious all the time.

...I believe we're all special. God made us all different on purpose! And in that, we're all unique and special.

...I love to love. That's what life is about!

No comments: