Sunday, October 21, 2007

One person at a time...

So, this weekend has been very different than I had expected. Friday night I was slated to have a date with the couch, and something better happened. A friend invited me to the Teen Challenge Banquet, and Melissa Snow was slated to speak. Melissa is battling Brain Cancer, and is winning. She's a mother of seven, and is still fighting the good fight.

So I went Friday Night and her testimony touched my life. She preached out of Psalm 139 and Jeremiah 29:11, which happen to be two of my favorite parts of the Bible. And, I walked out changed. Her testimony was excellent! She inspired me. I realize you had to be there to get it, but I walked out and told God that I wanted to be a vessel like Melissa. She's just living her life, and is being real in the midst of it all. I'm still processing it all. I like that. It's always good to be challenged.

So, then I got up today and wondered what was in store for me. I knew I was speaking in front of the church, but wasn't sure how it was all going to come out. I had prayed all week about it, so I knew my heart was right, but I still get nervous.

It's funny, you put me in front of kids, and I'm not nervous at all. You get me in front of adults, and it's a whole other story!

And, you know what? It was great! I didn't cry like I thought I might. But, I got my point across, which is what I had prayed for. So, then something happened.

After church this guy walked up to me, and started spilling his life story to me. I had never seen this guy before in my life, and he was so touched by what I had shared that he wanted to tell me. Then I prayed for him.

This doesn't happen to me.

But, I learned something in it all.

If you're real with people, you can make a difference.

One person at a time...

No comments: