Saturday, November 03, 2007

Taken for granted...

I have come to many conclusions over the past couple days, and above all, I have come to realize how much I take my good health for granted. I am in good shape 99% of the time, and this week was the 1% I don't!

I woke up about 10:30 Tuesday night sick. And, when I say sick, I'm not saying sniffles. I had the stomach flu. I had felt a bit under the weather before I went to bed, but figured I was just tired and needed to sleep. So, I was asleep about 9:30-ish. About 10:30, I was wide awake.

I'll spare you the details of the LONG night. It was horrible. I haven't felt that sick in about 4 years! And everytime I woke up, one phrase kept coming to me... I CAN'T BE SICK, WE HAVE HALLOWEEN STUFF AT SCHOOL! Not to mention I was presenting to the teachers that afternoon at a workshop! Yeah, the worst possible day for me to be sick, and I was really sick!

I called in to work about 6, called my committee members after that, and went back to bed. And, I'll be the first to admit, I am a wimp! I hate being sick. I hate pain.

So, what did I do?

Sleep!

I got up long enough to take the DVD to work that they needed for the workshop, and went right back to bed! I don't think I've slept that much in a long time.

I took Thursday off too. I was still weak yesterday when I went to work, but I took the day fairly easy. (I say that, I got there and I was notified we were having a field trip! If I'd known that, I would've taken another day off!)

So, today I have taken the day fairly easy. I still feel tired, but I'm not in the restroom every hour, so life is much better.

In the midst of it all, I realized how much of a wimp I am.

And how much I take my good health for granted. I really, really take it for granted. I'm never sick, which is why I'm up to like 45 sick days!

It made me think of the people I know who are in constant pain or illness.

I have stepped up prayer for them though.

As I got up today and thought, "Okay, God, I'm ready to be okay again!"

Then I thought, "I'm so blessed to have that ability."

I'm never taking good health for granted again!

Ever!

No comments: