Sunday, October 28, 2007

Women's Retreat Ramblings

So, this weekend I got away. My church has an annual retreat every Fall, and it is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. It's always fun to laugh with friends and get to know people and to draw closer to God together. And this weekend was wonderful!

It will take me days to process everything that God did in me and through me, but I tell ya, I feel different now than I did on Friday. And, that's the point. I think about God and all the wonderful things He's done for us, and how easy it is to get down about stuff, and then after a weekend like this, I feel more at peace and close to God than I have felt in a very very very long time. And I am thankful.

I was in a place where stress was eating me alive. And, while I can't type out everything I gained this weekend, I can honestly say I'm changed by this weekend. Praise God!

So, while I need to get offline and lesson plan and get ready to return to the real world, I am blessed to have gotten away and recharged.

Awesome stuff.

Have a great day!

:-)

1 comment:

Ms. H said...

I am JEALOUS!!!

I need a weekend away...in the absolute worst way. But alas, there is no non-obligation weekend on my horizon.
I hope you enjoyed it enough for both of us!