Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to work...

Greetings!

I returned to work today! Yes, I had ALL last week off due to an ice storm that came through the area. The storm knocked out power many of the schools in the area, so I had a free week off! I tell ya, I got so much done. I got shopping done, and Christmas cards done! It has been great. It felt weird though, I could go shop, but I couldn't teach little kids. Go figure.

I had a really good day at work too. The kids were excited to see me, and I was glad to see them. I am teaching my math groups a new concept, and it was fun to see them "catch" it today. They did better than I ever expected them to do! :-) It was good.

It was also good to be with my friends at work. I had missed them. It was good to get caught up with them. The more I talked to them, I felt more blessed and guilty because we only lost electricity for about 3 hours total. People at work went days without power. Weirdness. Some kids were still without power. It's amazing how people make things work to survive. Needless to say, it was great to see them.

So, now I need to go buy something for my Secret Santa. I had forgotten until a little while ago that tomorrow is our party. Having a week off has thrown me off, but it's all good. 4 days to Christmas break and the OneThing conference. I can't wait!

Thanks for reading!
Later!

No comments: