Friday, December 21, 2007

Break is underway....

Well, I sit here, and school is officially "out" for break. I still need to go tutor a little boy before my break begins, but it's all good. We have our staff party tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. We're doing a white elephant gift exchange. I am anxious to see how it all goes. Knowing our staff, it will be hilarious!

I am loved very well. I sit here with about 3 bags of gifts on my desk. I've never gotten as much as I did today before from kids. I'm blessed.

My favorite gift came from a former student. Alexis came to see me, and she brought me a Hershey bar and a card. Just seeing her blessed me. It was a really cool reminder of how many people really are watching us when we don't even know it. I liked Alexis when she was in my class but I didn't think we had "clicked" like I do with others. Well, apparently we did because she comes back fairly regularly to see me. It makes me smile. We all make a difference, but we don't always know what sort of impact we make. Very cool stuff.

Well, I need to load up goodies and head out. I'll give you periodic updates throughout the break.

I do find it odd how it's called a "break". I've still got massive shopping to do. Not so sure it's a break just yet... :-)

Later!

No comments: