Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fashion versus Comfort

Well, I don't think my Sunday would be complete without a post. I'll be honest, I have homework that must get done, but I wanted a short break. I wonder, does anyone's "to do" list ever get done? It seems to me I may make progress on my list, but it's never completely done. Does that seem weird to anyone else? I just prioritize and get done what must get done and move it all over to tomorrow's "to do" list. Is it just me? Seriously. Seems odd to me.

Anyway, that wasn't the main thing I wanted to post. I've been pondering something a bit lately and I thought I'd share...

Over the break I discovered the true joy of jogging pants and hoodies. I tell ya, comfort became a priority! Forget the jeans. I used to LOVE jeans. But, thanks to my coolest Mom on the planet who went shopping with me during the break, I now live in jogging pants and hoodies.

I have been deep in thought over this, simply because I am a girl. Shouldn't I want to look "pretty" in tops and pants? I have two roommates who take fashion very, very seriously, and they look really cute all dressed up. Shoegirl can't leave the house in sneakers, she leaves the house in stillettos (spelling?). And, she's comfortable in that. Not to mention she has to spend a good amount of time getting hair and makeup just right.

Now, I'm NOT AT ALL knocking shoegirl. Deep down inside, that's who she is and she looks really nice all dressed up and with makeup and hair just right.

But, that's not me.

I'm NOT anti-makeup, it's just not my thing.

I'm NOT anti-stilettoes, I'm just a sneakers kind of girl. Well, and not to mention I'd go "ba-dump!" in those shoes!

And I'm NOT anti-jeans. I just find myself more comfortable in pants I can stretch out in and a soft hoodie.

So, while I may not be the hottest thing in fashion...really, I'm probably as far from it as I can get.

I feel pretty in all my latest jogging attire.

Even though I don't jog at all.

And you know what?

I like me...

JUST LIKE THIS!

I guess fashion doesn't matter, but what I think of me does matter, huh?

:-)
Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I think you are just DOGGONE cute. So keep wearing those hoodies and jogging pants. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these new outfits!! Love ya lots, Alicia N.