Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Change of Plans

So, I had a plan for the way my evening was going to unfold. I had it set. I stayed late at work so I wouldn't have any homework and could just dive into Mockingjay. Here's how it was supposed to go:

1. Eat Dinner
2. Walk Jay
3. Read.

I did come home and eat dinner. Then Jay and I went for a walk. After the walk, I sat down to read Mockingjay, the book I've been waiting for since last Spring. I was about 30 minutes into my reading time, and my phone rang. A friend is walking through a rather character-building season, and I wound up talking to her for quite a while tonight. It was a REALLY good chat, and at the end I asked her if I could pray for her, and she said "yes." It was really cool. (In case you don't know, I LOVE to pray for people. It's actually one of my favorite things to do!)

After we hung up, I started thinking about it, and my priorities were really out of sync tonight. I had my own little agenda, and God has his perfect plan for me tonight. I am honored to be able to walk with one of His kids through a tough season in her life. That's not something I take lightly at all.

In the end, I liked His plan better.

Go figure...

*grin*
Life.
Is.
GOOD.

No comments: