Friday, August 13, 2010

An Unexpected Surprise

So tonight I am going to break from my camp stories to share my unexpected surprise for today. (Friday) Today we had staff meeting all day. In the midst of our first activity, my principal was called out of the room. We continued with the activity, and she returned in a few minutes. She didn't appear rattled and just kept going, which is one of the things I like about her!

As the morning went on, I saw her taking various people aside and talking to them. I honestly had no idea what was being said and figured that it had nothing to do with me. I figured if it had to do with me, she would let me know.

About 3:30 this afternoon while someone else was presenting at the meeting, she pulled me out of the meeting and into a classroom privately. I'll be honest, I had no idea what she needed and was a little nervous.

She informed me that our building is hiring another first grade teacher and I needed to move my classroom down to the Science Lab. She said the Science Lab had been cleaned out today so that I could move my stuff this afternoon. She also said that she was going to ask everyone to chip in and help me move.

I paused for a moment, and then realized that God had actually answered my prayer from last night.

See, last night was Meet Your Teacher (M.Y.T.) Night, and it hit me that I am teaching kids on the opposite end of the building from where I was located. And, with a student on my caseload that has CP and struggles with walking a little bit more than me, in a classroom as far as he could possibly get from mine, my heart sank. So I prayed that God would move me soon so that my little people wouldn't have to walk as far! How cool is that?

I have no idea what response my principal expected to get from me, but I just grinned and told her this was actually a good thing. I didn't tell her I had prayed for it, but I silently thanked God for the switch.

Sure enough, after our meeting EVERYONE jumped in and helped. My posters are up and my bulletin boards are up on the wall too! Sure, I have some cleaning up to do, but I am excited. This will be a really good thing. The guys even moved my file cabinets for me! Yep, I am part of one GREAT staff!

My principal came by later to check on me, and I thought that was cool too. I really feel blessed to be a part of SVE!

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: