Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New View

About six months ago, my next-door neighbors moved out. They were really nice people, and due to a series of unfortunate events, God moved them on to a different season in their lives. I will be honest, I really miss the young boy who lived next door. He was a sweet boy who walked with Jay and me regularly. I really cared for him a lot.

The interesting part of this story is that the family left behind a van. I am not really sure why people would leave an actual vehicle other than the fact it probably didn't work. So, each day as I would leave for work, I would walk out my door and see this van. I will be honest, I didn't like the van because it blocked the view of my street on one side. That being said, the van had been in that space for over a year, because they never drove the van anywhere. It just sat in the driveway. (I live in a townhome.)

I was hoping that it would be towed away, and various neighbors had tried to have it towed, but since no one wanted to pay for it to be towed, it just sat in the driveway.

Last Wednesday, I came home and there was a HUGE U-Haul in the driveway! I introduced myself to the new neighbors who seemed really nice. Of course, there was a U-Haul in the driveway, so I didn't really know what it would be like without the van there.

The next day the U-Haul truck was gone when I got home from work, and there were cars parked there instead. At first it felt weird to not have the van there. But, the next day when I left for work, I came out of my house and LOVED the new view! My neighborhood looks SO different TO ME as I walk out my front door. I know it's the same neighborhood, I mean, nothing has changed. My view has changed though. My street looks very pretty as I walk out of my front door now.

It has made me ponder how we choose to look at things in life. We have a choice to see the van and only see negative, or we can see what's past the van and see the beauty all around us all the time. Sometimes we even have to move the vans in our own lives in order to be in a healthier place emotionally, spiritually, or physically.

I know in the span of one week I now feel better just walking out my front door. Now I see trees, houses, and nothing blocked from my view. I know it's nothing HUGE, but it means something to me.

Kinda cool.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: