Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Grandma and Grandpa!

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I have thought about you a lot today. I know you're up in Heaven with Jesus, but I wanted to take a moment and write you tonight.

I remember being a kid and coming to your house to play with Tinkertoys. You remember the tin can full of Tinkertoys that Scienceguy and I loved? Dad told me tonight when I was over at his house that Uncle Leon actually gave that to him, but I obviously don't remember that part. I do remember looking forward to going to your house and playing with them, even though I wasn't great at it.

Today, as you probably already know, one of my students used those Tinkertoys in a project. Not all of them, obviously, but several of them were used. He LOVED the Tinkertoys, and truth be told some of my other students did too. I kept telling them about playing with them at your house, but they didn't really get it. And, that's okay, I did.

I was thinking today that those Tinkertoys have blessed a lot of kids over the years. I have had them sitting in my closet, collecting dust, waiting for my chance to have kids and have them play with them. And while that hasn't happened yet, some of my students liked them a lot, so I think I'll let them play with them sometimes too. (You wouldn't believe how hard some of them will work to earn time with those things!)

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and I miss you a lot.

Lots of Love,
Shan

No comments: