Sunday, November 07, 2010

Why, oh why?

Yo, Humans!

Jay here. Shortone has been so busy lately that I've been living in that crate A LOT! Today she got home from shuttles and took me for my first walk in several days. She apologized for not walking me lately, and we did our usual walk! It was fun! Then we came home and got in the car and went several places. It's been a while since I've been on a road trip! It was AWESOME!

We got back here, and Shortone was busy doing laundry and such. I just followed her around the house. I didn't want to miss anything important!

After she ate dinner, she turned to me and said, "It's your turn!" I had no idea what she meant and I was SO EXCITED that I was hopping and dancing around as we went into the upstairs bathroom and she got 3 towels out and a bottle of that weird-smelling-stuff. She took off my collar and it hit me...I HAD TO TAKE A BATH!

I tried to escape, but she had already shut the bathroom door before I realized what was happening! So, I just sat there. I mean, I figured that if she couldn't pick me up, then I wouldn't have to have a bath! Unfortunately, I have lost weight, so she was able to pick me up and put me in the tub! Then she said that I smelled! Me? Smell? Really, I didn't smell bad! I smelled like a dog, which is what I should smell like!

So, I stood there while she got me wet and put that smelly stuff on and then rinsed it off. I didn't move. I just wanted it to be OVER! She worked fast, which made me happy!

Next thing I knew, she was letting me out of the tub-thingy and using a towel to try to dry me off! Why do humans do that? I mean, I can shake it off faster, so why put a towel on me too? She worked hard at it, and was really nice through the whole thing, but I just wanted out of the bathroom!

Finally, she said, "Okay, go." She opened the door, and I was FREE! I ran outta the bathroom and downstairs! I mean, she could change her mind and make me do it again! That would be awful!

Since then, she has given me a bone and told me that I did a "good job". I like the bone, and after that experience, I deserve it!

Well, I think I'll get back to my bone!

Have a GREAT night all!

Love,
Jay

No comments: