Monday, November 08, 2010

Talk About Perspective...

So this morning I got ready for work and headed out the door, earlier than usual to make it to a meeting I had before school. I turned out of my neighborhood and started toward school. As I came upon the road construction area, I noticed something very unsettling. I couldn't see! Okay, well, I could see, but it occurred to me that I didn't have my glasses on! I started laughing, and then started praying. I debated about turning around and going home, but I didn't want to be late for my meeting. So, I went to school.

I started the day as usual, and the lack of glasses didn't affect me very much in my meeting. Everyone got a kick out of it when I told my story. Rockstarpara offered to take me home to get the glasses, but I refused. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

At a little after nine 'oclock, I went into a classroom for my typical school day, and then my eyesight became a problem for me. I was also beginning to get a headache, which is never a good thing. As it turned out, Rockstarpara and I wound up in the same classroom because of a switch in schedules, and I asked her if she would drive me home. She said yes.

We cleared it with the correct people, and she brought me back here to get my glasses.

Once I put them on, I realized how much I take for granted my glasses, as well as my eyesight. Things were no longer fuzzy, and I could see things with clarity.

It brought to mind one of our chorus's at IHOP-KC. We sing, "Give me eyes to see, and ears to hear."

I silently prayed as I went back into my classroom that God would give me eyes to see my students. And within that, I would continue to treat them as He does.

Talk about perspective...all because I left my glasses at home today!

*grin*

Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: