Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day #2

I have thoroughly enjoyed Snow Day #2, and I get another one tomorrow! I was surprised that they called it since I got out long enough to visit the Dentist today. The roads were slick, but I tend to think they called it due to the Wind Chill Factor. Regardless, I am glad to have one more day. Of course, I really would have been fine with working too. I mean, I do like the little people and have missed them. (Yes, I have, but don't tell them! *grin*)

My mind has thought about a lot of things today. I guess the thing I've thought abut the most has been the shooting event in Arizona. As far as I can recall, when an event like this has happened during my life, the person responsible has died in the attack. This is our first scenario where someone who committed the crimes has lived. (In my lifetime as an adult at least) I have wondered if the media is focusing too much on the young man responsible for the attack, and not enough on the victims, and ON THE HEROES!

There were heroes, did you know that? There were three people that were key in the drama. Sadly though, I can't name them. But I can name the gentleman responsible for the attack. Honestly, that bothers me. I guess that's life, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it, ya know?

I can recall that a nine-year old that died in the attack, born on 9/11. What are the odds of that? Seriously? Being born on 9/11 and dying in an attack like that. The odds must be astronomical. I'm sad to say, I can't recall her name either. I can picture her in my head, but can't tell you her name. Seems odd to me, ya know?

We live in a fallen world. With fallen people running the world. We're all fallen.

Seems to me that in the past few days it has made me recognize my need for Him in my life. This life is such a vapor, gone in a flash. For that nine-year-old, it ended too soon. I'm sure though that the people in her life will make sure she lives forever in their hearts. My prayer is that she is with the angels in Heaven, singing.

And of course, I would be missing it all if I didn't mention the congresswoman shot. I am glad that so many people have been lifting her up in prayer! She will survive. Rep. Gifford has some of the best doctors working on her, and is supported by a Nation. I have prayed for her too. I'm believing for her complete healing.

We live in a weird, weird world. And that's what I've been pondering today.

I'm praying for everyone in Arizona.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
GREAT!

No comments: