Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Loyalty

I have given a lot of thought today, on my THIRD Snow Day, to the loyalty Jay has for me. I can honestly say I've never had a friend as loyal as this little furry kid. While he did get in trouble for getting in the trash the other day, he really is a good dog. One of my favorite moments of my day is now, when he is laying on my legs, with his head resting on my feet. He has come SO FAR in handling the whole laptop situation. He used to pout, and sit away from me. I guess he's given up on the pouting business, and has decided to love on me, even if my attention is focused on here. Sometimes he positions himself so he can see my face, and then there are moments like right now when he is curled up asleep. He looks so adorable!

It has made me wonder if I love God as well as Jay loves me. I have really pondered that today. And you know what? I don't. I want to. I REALLY, REALLY want to, but I fall short daily.

Fortunately, I have Jay who reminds me daily of God's unconditional love. And, reminds me that nothing can separate me from His love.

For now, I'll keep learning from Jay. Seems to me there is a WHOLE LOT I can learn from this furry friend of mine!

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good!

No comments: