Monday, March 07, 2011

Sorting Out Emotions

Have you ever walked through something and not really understood all the feelings you had at the time? That's sort of what I'm feeling tonight. I find it amazing how God made us. We can experience intense feelings of JOY and HAPPINESS and we can also experience intense feelings of sadness.

Today I have felt the full range of emotions. Someone in my life has moved onto other things last week. While I know this is best for that person, as well as all others involved in my life, I am still sad. I feel relief on a level that I don't want to begin to explain to you. But, on the flip side to that, I feel as if the person that left my life has died. The person hasn't literally died, but with a sudden change, the person was gone. No good-bye. No farewell. No closure. Every time I walked by the person's area today, I just felt overwhelming sadness. I know that in the long run, this is the best thing that could have happened. I know this with all that is within me, I know this is the healthiest thing for everyone. I'm still sad though.

My blog is about perspectives. Within my life, I am constantly looking for different perspectives on every situation, trying to make sense of everything. Most of the time, this works great for me. I often think, "Oh, so that's why so and so did such and such." And then I am okay with it. The problem with this thinking is that I often (to my own fault) don't allow myself to process what I'M thinking and feeling.

So, let me be really real with you tonight. I am sad that the person that I wasn't deeply close to or anything, but considered a friend, walked out of my life (And my other friends here in L.S.) last week. I will accept the reasons the person gave at face value and I REFUSE to gossip about the whys and such, but I will admit I feel hurt that the person just walked away. I have realized tonight how special that person was to me, even though we weren't close or hung out as friends.

So I have spent a lot of time in prayer tonight. I'm not done praying over all of this either. I think this is a process. God clearly has a lot to help me understand. I'm so glad that God is patient with me as I sort out these emotions to figure it out. I honestly don't know how people walk out life this side of Heaven without Him. I honestly don't.

Well, thanks for reading tonight. One week from tonight we will be on Spring Break. I have a feeling that's just what me and my friends need. Time away from work for a week.

As for me, I think I'll go get lost in my book.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good...even when I'm sorting things out.

No comments: