Tuesday, July 12, 2011

STAND UP, STAND UP, YOU MATTER!!!

I will admit, I spend a lot of time on FB. I like following my friends and seeing what they are up to these days. It's been a GIFT for me in my transition from Joplin to KC. I also like that I have added friends from here too! God has really blessed me with GREAT friends from all over the world. Between Camp, Joplin, and KC, I am blessed!

Lately I have been frustrated though. Not counting my tornado survivor friends, I have several friends who are stuck. And, they are choosing to stay stuck. The older I get, the more I notice how people cope with life. Some handle life better than others, and it often blows my mind how some people just can't cope with life.

Tonight as I scrolled through my newsfeed, I felt this determination rise up within me for a few gals. And, I prayed. I kept praying all evening for those gals. And, while I recognize part of it may have been for me too, I felt that it's time for us to STAND UP and listen to the voice of GOD and not the voice of the enemy any longer! I have heard this numerous times before in various services, but it has never hit me like this before. I'm so TIRED of reading about loved ones being knocked down, knowing how to get up, but choosing to dwell in the place where they are at. (I'm not down at the moment, I have really felt this was for women in my life who are stuck!)

For the first time in quite a while, I personally feel like I'm more like the version of myself prior to The Beech Road Experience. I laugh, joke, and smile now. I recognize that we all go through seasons that are tough, and sometimes it just takes time for God to move on our hearts, as He did on mine but I GUARANTEE that the first step for me was taking the first step and telling God, "I don't want to go through the motions anymore." Yes, it was at the very time that song was released on K-Love. Perhaps it's time for others to do so as well.

As I prayed tonight, the words I kept hearing were, "They matter. They just need to stand up!"

I love it when God does that! Don't you?

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!! (AND I MEAN THAT, IT IS GREAT!!!)

No comments: