Monday, August 15, 2011

MEET YOUR TEACHER NIGHT!!!

Tonight was AMAZING! We had "Meet Your Teacher" tonight at my school, and it was REALLY fun to see our S.V.E. family back together again! I started out my night sitting at my desk, and one of my favorite little people came to my room! It was a GREAT way to begin the evening!

The first hour was spent right outside my classroom and picking on the kids who walked by. It was so much fun to see the kids return to the building! Working in the building without the kids there the past week has been okay, but I'm ready to be with the little people! *grin*

The rest of the night I was in the gym helping at the parent/teacher sign-up table in the gym. This was really fun because I got to see ALL the kids, not just the ones that walked down the hallway where my room is located! It was so much fun! I LOVED IT!

At one point, two of my students walked up, and I said, "SO, DID YOU HEAR THE GOOD NEWS?" They both looked at me stunned, not knowing what I was talking about. I said, "You get to be in my class this year!" They both grinned and one boy did a fist pump in the air! It was priceless to me! (They weren't mine last year, but they were the year before.)

Another highlight was when a parent walked up to me, with her son behind her, and she said, "So, what's the scoop? Do you get my son this year?" I said yes, and she grinned, clearly excited about the news. The cool part is that the feeling is VERY mutual with that little guy! I'm so excited!!!

My favorite story of the night came from a parent of a student that is NOT in my class! A second grader ran in, gave me the biggest hug, and said, "Hi, Ms. Springer!" To which I replied "Hey!" and returned the hug. I got down on my knees to talk to him, but he was not in the mood to talk, he was on to the next person. But, his Mom came in just as he was walking away and said, "There's Ms. Springer, you've been talking about her all day!"

I tell ya what, I LOVE this teacher gig!

I have a student teacher this year who is AMAZING too!

I love it!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: