Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Work & Friends All in One Place! *grin*

Today was the first day with little people in the building, and for our paraprofessionals to arrive back at school. I had already seen most of my students, and was EXCITED to have my friends back in the building today. Yes, I'm friends with everyone on staff, but the paras are who I have formed the closest friendships with in the building. I have been looking forward to today for a week!

The morning began with hugs from my two closest friends, and one gave me FLOWERS to start the day. (Yes, they will be killed in a matter of days, but that's beside the point! *grin*) I have missed them, and today was A LOT of fun as we started the journey of this school year together. I'm honestly more excited about this school year than I have been about the previous two and these two ladies are going to make this year a lot of FUN!

In addition to that, we will add my Student Teacher to the mix tomorrow. I can only imagine how much laughter will be heard from the Upper Level L.C. tomorrow! PLUS we're adding students to the mix! It's going to be a fun day for everyone!

I don't know if I've ever been as excited about a school year as I have this year due to the new initiatives we have in place for student behavior and the EXTRA help I have this year. After a rough year last year for our staff, we are off to an AMAZING start this year!

I'm really excited! At one point today, I was watching the two paras and a Reg. Ed. teacher who came in to hang out with us for a while, and I paused and silently thanked God for placing EACH of them in my life. Two years ago I moved here, praying for amazing friends, and today I realized He answered that prayer. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING!

No comments: