Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Blessed

Some days in the classroom I sit there and think to myself "Thank you God for my parents." I am one blessed gal. If you've been a loyal reader of this blog for any amount of time, you know that I make this statement about once every six months.

I obviously didn't choose my parents, and they weren't perfect parents (Sorry, Mom & Dad!), but they provided me with boundaries that help me today as an adult. There were expectations in the Springer household, and while I didn't always enjoy them at the time, I am thankful for them today.

Without getting into specifics about my day today, I will say that walking out of the school building today I wanted to call my parents and (For the hundredth time since I've started teaching.) tell them THANK YOU! I was brought up in a healthy, loving home that helped shape me into a healthy adult today.

Thanks Mom & Dad. I know I was not an easy child to raise, but you did an AMAZING job! I LOVE YOU!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: