Saturday, September 24, 2011

JANE IN BLOOM

I am one blessed gal. I grew up in a home where my parents LOVED to read and from my earliest memories of my childhood, I can remember reading books with them before I went to sleep at night. To this day, they still enjoy reading a good book. My younger (Taller, but younger) brother also loves to read too. I'm glad that I come from a family of readers. While our interests all vary quite a bit in the books we read, it's a gift that I don't take for granted.

Tonight I want to share about a book that I really enjoyed. While I have several favorite genres, one of my FAVORITES is Children's Literature. I should clarify that I like books written for kids grades 4th through 12th. I also REALLY enjoy reading award nominee books. Lately, I've been working my way through the Truman Readers Nominee List. The Truman Award is for Grades 6-8. I'm on my third book from the list!

The book I finished last night was JANE IN BLOOM by Deborah Lytton. This book was one that REALLY pulled at my heartstrings. I am not sure how to give a good summary of the book without giving the whole thing away. I found myself looking forward to reading the book each evening (although it was a quick read) to see what happened next. I also wondered throughout my day what was going to happen next in the book. I LOVED IT!

I recommend this book for kids of ALL ages! I will admit, it has teary moments, so if you don't like sad moments in books, this may not be the book for you. *grin* I do recommend it though. It was a touching story about a girl growing up.

I plan on adding this book to my five-star list! *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: