Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Afternoon with Karen

Yesterday was a GREAT day for me, as I made the drive back down to Joplin to speak to a group of aspiring future teachers. The speech was the reason for the trip. It was what motivated me to actually take a day off, which I NEVER do. In fact, I take off so rarely that I messed up when I did the request electronically! *grin* I guess that's a good problem for my boss to have, eh? *grin*

The speech was a success, and the lunch afterward with the professor was even better. Over the years I've gotten to know the professor of the class I have spoken to, and consider myself blessed for placing her into my life. She even gave me a few things to ponder as we ate lunch at SCHLOTSKY'S. (Sidenote: We don't have a Schlotsky's here in L.S., so it's always my pick when I head down to speak to the students.)

After that, I waited for and caught up with my WONDERFUL friend, Karen. Talk about a blessing from the Lord!!! We talked for quite some time, and then right before I left, we PRAYED. I have missed having that in a friend. I was absolutely blessed when she said, "You realize we're going to pray, right?" I just grinned. That's what was normal in my world before I moved here. It was more of a blessing that anyone will ever realize.

As I drove home, two things came to mind. One, everyone should be blessed to have a Karen in their life who speaks life into them, and stops and prays with them before sending them off. And two, I know I'm where I need to be, but it's okay to visit with old friends too. Sometimes they have the best outlook on things, because they know you better than anyone else.

Thank You Lord, for that time with Karen. As always, it was EXACTLY what I needed. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: