Monday, December 19, 2011

Smiles All Around

Today was a lot of fun! I love this time of year! The kids and I exchanged gifts today, and it was a blast. I'm amazed at how blessed I am as a Special Education Teacher. I mean, I'm not even the REGULAR teacher, and yet I'm still included in my students gift-giving traditions. I don't take that for granted one bit.

I got some amazing gifts from my little people, but the gift that touched my heart the most was a card with a note inside. One of my students wrote a note to me on one side of the card, and on the other side, the parents wrote a note. In that note, I just grinned and choked back a tear. That card meant more to me than all the tangible gifts I received today.

Sometimes in life this side of Heaven you walk this thing out, and pray the whole time that it's reaching specific kids. Today I found out that it reached one that I've been praying for all year. *grin* That's worth more to me than all the money in the world!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: