Sunday, February 05, 2012

GOD STILL DOES THIS STUFF! *grin*

Years ago I was sitting in the Prayer Room on my own vacation during Spring Break. It was the first vacation I had taken on my own as an adult, and I knew that it was something the Lord was calling me to do that week. It was also the first time I had ever heard Allen Hood speak. In fact, I didn't even know who Allen Hood was, I was just excited to be at an evening service in the Prayer Room. That night is a night I will never forget, as Allen spoke about several things that ruined my heart for Him in ways I can't put into words. (Nor do I want to, honestly, it's between me and Him.)

What I will share was part of what Allen said, that came full-circle for me today. He shared a story of God still doing amazing things today. In a world full of so much junk, God still does AMAZING things. He shared a story of God blessing someone else financially because of the prompting of the Lord. He ended that story with, "GOD STILL DOES THIS STUFF." I grinned. I knew it was true. While I hadn't experienced it personally, God had used me in other people's lives, and I knew it was real. Today, I was on the receiving end of it, and had the same thought, "GOD STILL DOES THIS STUFF."

I did my usual thing this morning, I got up and went to drive shuttles with the same amazing people I drive with every Sunday. I have some amazing friends on the shuttles team, and honestly look forward to Sunday morning so that we can have fun driving together. I was on my second or third trip to FCF, and as my passengers were getting off, I kept saying, "Good-bye, have a great day, God Bless You" to each of them. At the end of a the line this young man walked up to me and said, "The Lord told me to give this to you." Then he got off the shuttle. I looked down at my hand. I started to *grin*. Sure enough, GOD STILL DOES THIS STUFF. *grin*

That money is going into my savings account. I really believe that God is blessing me as I prepare for the next chapter in my life. *grin* I have been grinning all day.

Thank You, God. YOU STILL DO THIS STUFF!!!!!!
*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: