Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Headache Thoughts

Tonight I came home from running errands and had quite a headache. I woke up with it this morning, prayed, battled it, and by the time Jay & I were cuddling tonight, I was ready for a migraine pill.

Now, before I feel the need to defend my medicine OR you feel the need to remind me the power of prayer, I want to tell you, I BELIEVE IN BOTH. *grin* I believe Jesus can heal with words from a prayer. I also believe that He uses medicine to assist in the healing process. *grin*

Tonight I was in the midst of "I need to lay down with the heating pad, turn out the lights, and not move" kind of pain. I hate that. Have you ever been there? Some people have no clue what I'm talking about.

I have met three people in my life who have NEVER had a headache. Not one. I wonder what that would be like. On the other hand, they wouldn't know my perspective either.

I went from pain. Real pain. Lights out-put me-to-sleep pain, to pain-free.

Within twenty minutes my headache was GONE.

Poof.

The difference between a headache and not having a headache for me is amazing. In fact, it reminds me of the impact of Jesus in my life. You're thinking, huh? Hang with me a minute...

God has been with me every step of the way. In the good, the bad, and the ugly, He has never left me. Without Him, I'm not sure how I would have handled some of the challenges I've had in life. I think if I was completely honest, I would say I wouldn't have been as positive as I have been. Thankfully, He has been there. *grin*

With Him beside me, I'm happier, healthier, and free! Just as I feel right now without the headache. *grin*

Seems basic, but tonight, I feel blessed-ENORMOUSLY blessed.

Not to have a headache.

And to have God in my life.

I don't take either of those for granted. Ever.

Thank You, God, for both!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon....yes I.ve had those headaches and mine usually involved vomiting. For me, deep tissue massage has been a gift from God. Once a month. The first month I went twice. Really a huge difference Kathy Carreon, my massage therapist, has been. Hope you find your solution! Love, Anita