Friday, June 01, 2012

Losing by TENTH AVENUE NORTH

I heard one of the announcers on K-Love Radio (Amanda) share the other day that there was a study done recently regarding music and it's impact on the human (proverbial) heart. According to the study (paraphrased) music changes the way we think and has an impact on the heart. I could have saved them time and told them that, but the more I've thought about it, the more I think it's cool that someone took time to actually study it. Some people need science to believe something that they didn't believe before. As for me, it's a no-brainer.

Music has been such a deep part of me since I was a teen that I can't imagine my life without it. I don't sing on a team, or even play bongos anymore, but I enjoy listening and connecting with God in music. Yes, it's a deep, emotional, spiritual connection for me.

Perhaps that's new to you. I'm cool with that. Everyone has their "thing". For me, it's definitely music. Within that, it's no wonder I'm drawn to the PRAYER ROOM where live music to the Lord happens 24/7. *grin*

So, recently I've been in a deep situation (one that you don't need to know specifics in) and the Lord and I have been talking A LOT about forgiveness. About moving on, and how life goes on no matter what exactly is going on around me.

Of course, as I'm pondering and praying through this, the Lord places that PERFECT song for me to sing and ponder and pray as I work my way through it. Perhaps you've heard it, and maybe you haven't. If you haven't, I recommend you check out LOSING by TENTH AVENUE NORTH. It's helping me to move forward and not stay in one spot. For that, I can't thank the Lord enough for this song! I'm going to go ahead and type out the words, as I do sometimes on here. Perhaps it will spur you on to check it out if you're struggling with forgiveness.

As for me, I think this will be my theme song for the summer. And I think that's okay. *grin* He's with me even as I walk this thing out, even as I sometimes feel as I'm the one losing.

LOSING
by
TENTH AVENUE NORTH

I can't believe what she said
I can't believe what he did
Oh, don't they know it's wrong
Don't they know it's wrong
Well maybe there's something I missed
But how could they treat me like this
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard

This is love or this is hate...
We all have a choice to make

Oh, Father wont You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'

Well it's only the dead that can live
But still I wrestle with this
To lose the pain that's mine
Seventy times seven times
Cause Lord it doesn't feel right
For me to turn a blind eye
Though I guess it's not that much
When I think of what You've done.

This is love or this is hate...
We gotta a choice to make

Oh Father won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'

Why do we think that our hate's gonna break a hard heart
We're rippin arms over wars that don't need to be fought
Cause pride wont let us lay our weapons on the ground
We build our bridges up but it's just to burn them down
We think our pain is own apologies and get them to stop
Well truth be told it doesn't matter if their sorry or not
Cause freedom comes when we surrender to the sound
Of Your mercy and Your grace, Father, send Your angels down

Oh Father wont you forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin'
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'
I feel like I've been losing...

I am praying I make the right choice. I'm in the midst of letting God doing some serious repair on my heart, and this song is definitely helping me through the process. I read somewhere lately that things worthwhile take time. This is definitely worth my time...

I have a feeling that this summer I will go from feeling like I'm the one losing, to knowing that forgiveness (even when they don't know what they're doing) is winning.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: