Friday, June 08, 2012

Thoughts BEFORE Immerse

I think my mind has been in over-drive this week since returning from Chicago. I find that to be positive. God and I have been talking a lot, and all of it has been REALLY good. I'm so hungry for some new, deep things in the Lord, which leads me to TOMORROW.

For those of you new to my little corner of the world, I'm FINALLY getting to participate in an IHOP-KC 8-day training! I get to participate in eight days of night-and-day prayer, worship, and intercession. Yeah, pretty much my ideal week! *grin*

Yes, I live here. And yes, I could go to the PRAYER ROOM any time I want. *grin* However, I haven't gone through Intro or any of the other training programs that they offer. Why, you ask? Because they don't fit into my full-time teaching schedule. And, He hasn't led me to stop working and become a full time intercessory missionary. So, I have prayed off-and-on since I've moved here for something that would work into my schedule. In fact, I even emailed the people in charge of Intro to see if they could offer a summer version of the program, and well, the answer was no. *grin* Well, there is NOW an answer to my prayers for a training within my schedule! *grin*

For the next eight days I will be IMMERSED into the lifestyle of an Intercessory Missionary. The twist to it is that I'll RECEIVE ministry instead of pour out to others this next week. I'm so eager for the things of the Lord, that am looking forward to this next week in a way I can hardly explain to you.

I pour out to kids, adults, whoever He puts in my path, AND I LOVE IT. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it. That being said, I am hungry for some time just with the Lord. I'm also eager for some ministry for me. *grin*

I'm going to stop here and tell you that part of this post is for me. Part of blogging is to record for me my own record of my journey with Him. You can read it, but honestly, part of this is for me. *grin*

I look forward to the next 8 days. It's almost like a camp just for me. I get to get away from my regular responsibilities, and am even taking time away from Physical Therapy and tutoring to do this next week. I'll still exercise and walk. I'll still be doing my own studying, but it will be time away from the world. I'm excited about that.

Today I had Physical Therapy, and I worked with Z. With Z., we work well together. Today we laughed and had fun while I worked so hard I was sweating at the end of it. He made me do HARD stuff. I like that, as I'm not going to get better at this walking stuff unless he's pushing me. And at one point, Woody came out to encourage me as I did the NEW obstacle course that Z. gave me. He also said, "Ankles in, toes out." That little phrase changed how I walked on the course, and how I'm now working on my walking. (I didn't knock down any cones either after that, I might add! *grin*)

Tonight I watched COURAGEOUS and LOVED it. There were some key phrases in there that I LOVED and will carry with me the rest of my life.

I am praying for that this next week. That He will give me phrases & keys that I don't know tonight...and for Him to change me so much that my WALK WITH HIM looks different. I don't know what that looks like tonight, but I do know that I'm eager for a change. I really believe it's coming. *grin*

So, as I sit here on the EVE of IMMERSE, I'm excited and feel like a kid going to camp for a week. *grin* It's gonna be AWESOME!!!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING!!!

No comments: