Thursday, June 21, 2012

Woody's Workout...AGAIN. *grin*

Today I was blessed to have Scienceguy join me as I went to Physical Therapy. He actually joined me because I had an appointment before Physical Therapy with a new doctor to see if medication could help me loosen things up. I asked him to join me so that I could have another set of ears there for support. He did great! *grin*

As it turns out, we are going to switch things up a bit, to see if it helps. I was glad to hear that, because what I'm doing now (medication wise) is the same thing I've been doing for years. It's time to change things up and see if my muscles are more relaxed. *grin* I'm praying that they are, as I think it will really help my progress toward my personal goals in my walking. *grin*

After we met with the doctor, I had Physical Therapy with WOODY! *grin* It wasn't until today that I realized how long it's been since I worked with Woody during Therapy. It was really good. Well, good, hard, challenging, and fun all at the same time.

I only walked one lap today with the bands, which is the least I've ever done at Therapy, but it was because Woody had other ideas. *grin* We did the side step walk, which I do pretty well at. Not great, but I am pretty good at it. Next he had me balance on each foot. I could stand for six seconds on my right foot, but only two on my left. So, we moved over by the parallel bars, and I did an exercise to help build balance and muscles to help on the balance. I also have homework to do. *grin*

After that, we did posting. Posting is when I have a an orange strip on the floor in front of me, and I have to move my foot on the strip. Basically it would be as if you took your foot, stepped forward with your heel down and your toes pointed upward. For you, it's probably easy, but for me it's a challenge (in a good way.). I don't mind the forward posting, it's the stepping backward on the post that is REALLY difficult. It took A LOT of work, but I did it. I also did it on the side, which was a little easier, but I'm working on actually bending the knees when I do it.

My favorite thing about Woody is that he will show me how I'm doing things now, so I can improve and do things better. I don't realize how little I use my knees when I walk, but after what Woody showed me today, I know now. *grin*

Scienceguy was a really good sport, and I am incredibly blessed to have him as a brother. *grin* He drove me to and from the appointment too. That was nice, as I typically drive myself everywhere. He'll never know what a blessing that was for me. *grin*

I was sweating at the end of my workout, and that's a good thing. Most of the time, if something is worthwhile, it takes work. I'll do all the work, one step at a time. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: