Friday, December 21, 2012

A Week of Love

As you know from my last post, I entered this week with many thoughts and prayers in my heart and mind as I walked into my classroom Monday morning. I wasn't sure how the week was going to go, but I did know that I would be praying as the week unfolded. I knew that would be the key. What happened was better than I ever could have expected...

While I did have a couple kids want to talk about Newtown (and I did, privately), we just moved forward. I emphasized in one of my talks with a student how our job was to move forward and not let fear get in our way of living life. And, that's what we did! *grin*

As the week went on, the emphasis was on Christmas, gifts, and everything that goes along with it. I remember at one point thinking about how resilient kids can be. No one seemed scared, everyone seemed happy and excited for the holidays. It made me *grin*.

Along with the happy kids, came gifts. I am always blessed by who brings me gifts. I even got two gifts from kids who aren't even in my classroom. I LOVED IT. *grin*

I also gave gifts this year, which is my FAVORITE. I enjoy blessing others, so today was a lot of fun. I'm really glad we had school today! (We had a snow day yesterday!)

So, now we're on break. There was a time it felt like break was REALLY far away. Now, I'm just glad I get to cuddle with Jay, read some books, sleep in, enjoy time with family and friends,and experience ONETHING2012!!!

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: