Sunday, December 16, 2012

We Are Chosen...

...to be alive in this time in our Nation's History...

This weekend I have thought TONS about Newtown, Connecticut. Due to the fact I spend 40+ hours per week in the classroom, I have pondered a lot. I won't get into everything I've thought, because I'm sure you've been pondering similar things.

Tonight as I watched President Obama talk to our Nation, I was moved to tears and within that, God spoke to me.

I've been chosen, and so have you, to be alive during this time in our history. What that means is, He's given us what we need to walk through this season in our lives, with the knowledge that a fabric of our lives has been injured. However, that doesn't mean we need to stay like this forever.

In my case, that means I am to go to school tomorrow and keep moving forward. If little people are nervous tomorrow, I know I'm in their lives to speak love and hope into their hearts, and to teach them that fear is not to hold them back from school.

There have been times in the past when I have asked God, "Lord, why do you have me here NOW?" Truthfully, He's never directly answered that question. Tonight though, I understood part of it.

I'm here (and so are you) to help those around me as they walk through things that break our hearts and bring us closer together. I'm here to speak life into the lives of the people He puts in my path.

I don't know about you, but I feel blessed to be alive during this time in our history because He is giving me opportunities to be used by Him in ways we've never had.

(Don't read that wrong, I am NOT GLAD last week's events happened.)

What I am saying is I'm glad He's chosen me for NOW. I'm going to help little people tomorrow learn how to work through fear (If they talk about it, and even then my words are going to be carefully worded, otherwise my lips are sealed folks!) and show them that we're not going to let fear win.

He's chosen us. We can do this.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.... well said, my friend. God bless you, as you go about your business this week. Praying for you. Love you lots.!